Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Jags vs. Totems

Couple nights ago Seattle drove down i 5 to play the jags in Beaverton at valley ice if I'm correct. I listened to the broadcast. Sounded like a solid pre-season match up. I think both teams wanted to get their rookies some playing time. Although i heard the broadcasters mentioning river city had a lot of their older players playing, as did Seattle, but I do know a few vets stayed home in Seattle. Sounds like a few of the players were getting a little squirly even i preseason, Abudakar (SP) of R.C. seemed t0 have jumped Radermacher (SP) SEA. Although I'm not sure why cause I was not there, but i know Radermacher played in R.C. for years before, that may have something to do with the bad blood in between the two. Other than that sounded like Seattle's Prather had a wrestling match with Gusey which resulted in Prathers ejection. River's new bad boy Gary Schut and Seattle's Nelson Aamodt tried to square up but the refs would not let them? I heard that the fighting rules have changed this year in the league, but it could have just been a safety precaution by the refs since it was just preseason. River kept their veteran tender Sean Buckley who stood on his head from the sound of it.Whereas Seattle played all 3 goalies in their game, with Maile in the 1st, Chimenti in the 2nd, and Klingenberg in the 3rd. Long story short Seattle came out on top 5-2 i believe, I did not record the goals at they were scored as the broadcasters were having a bit of trouble figuring out the Seattle players names, but i think they did a very good job for their first broadcast, hats off to those two guys. I think this will be a great rivalry between these two teams as it always is, but Seattle not being such a power house this should be a series for the two teams.

Seattle opens up this Thursday in Rogue Valley for their home opener (Seattle with the win in my book). Than Seattle goes north for two against Eugene which should be the matchup of the weekend seeing as how these two teams are the top dogs usually. My money's on a 1-1 split for the two.

River City gets Seattles sloppy seconds as Rogue Valley host River City for two more on friday and saturday. My money is on the jags 2-0.

GOOD LUCK NPHL!!!

Sorry I dont have info for the whole league, I dont know a damn thing about the East, and ill post the results of all the games this weekend as it comes to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment